Monday, April 26, 2010

Quilt Retreat

Hi All -

Here are a few photos from our Guild's recent quilt retreat. The question of the day is: "How many quilters does it take to arrange nine blocks from a Turning 20 Again pattern?" I made these blocks for a baby quilt and appreciate all the help I had trying to arrange them in a pleasing pattern -






And here's the final arrangement--












We also celebrated three birthday's and Jeane brought this luscious coconut raspberry cake to share - yum, yum!!!













After eating that wonderful cake, Margaret and Carla "entertained" us with an exercise demo - we all got a kick out of that!!!














As always, it was great sharing time and laughter with friends...and also getting some quilting projects finished!!!

Have a great day and keep smiling -

6 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What fun - I so miss being able to have a local quilter's guild - maybe I should start one!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi ,
What great fun you had and I love how the arrangement for the baby quilt turned out!!! I have never made anything bigger than a baby quilt.. My back will not let me.
I was in our quilting club for 6 years. The meetings are at night and I can't drive at night. So I quit. Where I live was not handy for others to take me.....
XXOO, Fern

The Strawberry Mallard said...

Oh I LOVE IT! Beautiful project, love the pattern, the color, all of it...and all for the pups, right ;o)

Tracy said...

Oh shoot, I must have been away while all that went on!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Yes, we are so much better off having a dogs love!!! It does so much for me!!! Bambi is 12 years and 6 months now and I am dreading the day I lose her!!
Thanks for your visit!!!
XXOO, Bambi & Fern

Barb said...

love your turning 20 pattern!! Looks like all of you had a great time!