Sunday, April 17, 2011

Garden Helpers


Hi Everyone -

Since the sun came out here today in central PA after a soaking rain yesterday, the boys and I decided it was time to get into the garden and pull weeds, trim back the raspberries which are taking over, and just have fun playing in the dirt. It seems that voles or mice took up residence in the compost bin and also under the ground bird feeder during the winter. Duncan & Hamish sat for a long time just waiting....

...I know some critter is in there!!! That's Duncan keeping an eye on things in the compost bin and Hamish is watching the ground bird feeder - good boys!!! No critters in our garden!!


Have a great week!!

9 comments:

Scooter said...

way to go, Duncan and Hamish!! I love to watch too and have caught 2 mice in the past and I brought them inside to show Mom. Well....she wasnt as impressed as she was and got rid of them ole dead mice!!*sigh*

wags
jazzi

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What wonderful helpers you have - everyone needs a pair or two!!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What wonderful helpers you have - everyone needs a pair or two!!tincyc

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How cute! At least they were patient. My two would have been barking their heads off.

Anonymous said...

Happy Late Birthday you guys! Sorry I'm a bit late, but I hope you had a great Scottie-ful day!

Roodles, Stuart

Miranda said...

I love this! Your Scotties are so pretty! And definitely big helpers. :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! My scottie and I will definitely be back to check in on the happenings of you and your sweet scotties.
Blessings,
Miranda

Sandy said...

How cute they are in the yard!! Guard dogs for sure! ;o)

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We're having a mouse plague at the moment.....that is, everyone we know is having one. There are No Mice in OUR house. Keep up the good work, boys.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi Judie,
So happy to hear you are going to have a vegetable garden!!! I think we all should have at least some herbs and tomatoes that we grow all growing season. They are so good!! It is a plus to live in Fla too!!!
So happy you came to visit with me!!!
xx, Bambi & Fern