Monday, October 10, 2011

Reunion Time



Hi Everyone,

This past weekend was my 50th (ugh) high school reunion in Massachusetts. My husband and I traveled up to MA on Friday, had a great dinner with friends that night at Chili's and then it was off to the classmates-only party for me and back to the motel for hubby. My girlfriend's husband also kept hubby company and they watched the baseball game on TV and had a nice visit. How much fun the classmates had!! It was a wonderful evening of catching up and recalling fun times from the past. Seems like just yesterday we were all in school together!!

On Saturday, we went down to our daughter's house and met our new great grandson, Benjamin. Not that I'm prejudiced, but he's a really, really beautiful baby and, at three weeks, is already holding his head up. He grabbed onto my finger and didn't let go - he's just adorable. Our visit was much too short and I hope we can get to see him again soon.



That evening was the class of '61's dinner/dance. Hubby stayed at the motel and watched Penn State and then the Nebraska Cornhuskers, so he was very happy. My friends picked me up and we went to the class festivities. It was a wonderful evening of visiting, wonderful buffet (yum, yum) and dancing. We missed those who were unable to come - hope they can make it in five years for our 55th - hard to believe that we're all that old :o)

It was a fast trip up and back, but well worth it. It's so much fun reconnecting with old friends - lots of nice memories. We had a wonderful class and many have stayed in touch over the years. We just seem to pick up where we left off - great fun.

Hope you all have wonderful memories of your school years. I think of mine with a big smile :o)

Take care and keep smiling -

3 comments:

Barb said...

what a cutie you have there! Glad you had a fun time.

Nancy said...

What??!!! No pictures of the party animals????

I'm so glad you had a good time. And glad you both made it back safe and sound.

Scooter said...

sounds like fun meeting old friends!! He is a real cutie!!

wags
Jazzi and Addy